Click on the link(s) for the grade(s) that your child(ren) will be entering in September:
Our Lady of Hope Catholic Academy’s
PETER PAN JR.
Performances will be: Thursday, April 6th at 7:00 pm
Friday, April 7th at 7:00 pm
Ticket prices: $10.00 for Adults
$5.00 for Students (ages 3 – 14)
Ticket sales will begin on Monday, March 27th
All tickets will be sold through the school office.
On Friday, March 3rd, Our Lady of Hope, along with the other Catholic schools in our cluster, will be closed as the teachers will be attending a Professional Day at Immaculate Conception Center in Douglaston.
Our Lady of Hope Catholic Academy will be celebrating Catholic Schools Week from Sunday, January 29th through Friday, February 3rd.
This year’s theme is Catholic Schools: Communities of Faith, Knowledge and Service…We Look Forward with Hope.
We have lots of fun and exciting activities planned to help us to celebrate!
Sunday, January 29th –
The week begins with the celebration of the liturgy at 9:30 am. We encourage families and students to share in this prayer experience. Immediately following the Mass, the school will be open for those who would like to visit classrooms and view our Science Theme Fair, in the auditorium.
Monday, January 30th –
“Buddy Day” – Younger and older grades will be paired up and take part in an educational activity.
Tuesday, January 31st –
“Student Recognition Day” – As a special treat, Grades 1 – 6 will be going to the movies in the morning and Grades 7 & 8 will be going bowling. Kindergarten and PreK students will be taking part in an indoor “mini” Field Day.
Wednesday, February 1st –
“Classroom Visitation Day” – Each family will be receiving two tickets to gain entrance into the school building. Guests should enter the building between 8:00 am and 8:30 am via the 71st Street entrance or through the schoolyard doors closest to the Library and Art/Music Room. Guests are invited to enjoy coffee and breakfast treats in the cafeteria during this time. Visitation of the classrooms will occur between 8:30 am and 10:15 am.
Later in the day we will be writing notes to military service personnel wishing them well and thanking them for all they do.
Thursday, February 2nd –
“Super Hero Day” – Students will be honoring a “super hero” in their life by writing about this special person and accessorizing their uniform with something that identifies their super hero (i.e. tie, shirt, apron, glasses, hat, etc.)
Friday, February 3rd –
“Grade 8 vs Faculty/Staff Volleyball Game” at 1:15 pm in the school auditorium Everyone may wear their gym uniform on this day.
Grades K – 2 will be having special grade level activities. Check Google Classroom for specifics about events.
Our school will be conducting a fundraising candy sale this January. We will be selling World’s Finest Chocolate Products – truly delicious chocolates that have been sold for years by schools and organizations. One taste will tell you where they got their name and you are sure to find people in your neighborhood who have been World’s Finest fans for years.
If you would like to help our school by selling a box (or boxes) of chocolate, please fill out this tear-off form and submit it to the office. Every box sold will benefit our school and help keep tuition increases to a minimum.
– Price: $1 per bar – 60 Bars per Box
– This is not a Mandatory Fund Raiser.
– Sale Dates: Wednesday, January 4th – Wednesday, January 18th
Top Seller in the School: $100
Second Highest Seller: $50
Next Three Highest Sellers: $25.00
Special Bonus for Your Customers
Each Bar of World’s Finest Chocolate comes with a Free Membership Code to threewinners.com with access to Money Saving Coupons for Dining, Shopping, Entertainment and Much More! Each Box has a Membership Code for Your Family too!
Follow These Important Instructions
- Be sure to write your NAME, CLASS and AMOUNT ENCLOSED on your money envelope.
- Be sure to send in a note if you are requesting additional chocolate.
- Be sure to collect the money for the order from each of your customers.
- When you have finished selling, total up your sales and re-check for accuracy.
- Return money in full box increments only ($60.00/box)!
- Please make checks payable to Our Lady of Hope Catholic Academy.
- Return all money by the final day of the drive.
- Good Luck and Be Safe!
Our Lady of Hope Catholic Academy – ID#: 05951 – has the opportunity to participate in and earn CASH from A+ School Rewards, a great fundraising program run through your local Stop & Shop!
You DO NOT need to re-register your card if your school selection(s) remains the same as last year.
• Visit www.stopandshop.com/aplus and scroll down to the center of the page to select REGISTER YOUR CARD from the red box on the right marked FOR CUSTOMERS.
• Call the A+ School Rewards Hotline at 1-877-275-2758 for assistance.
• Email the A+ Hotline. Please include the last name associated with your STOP & SHOP CARD, your 13-digit STOP & SHOP CARD number and our school name and school ID number* of our school (or the name, city and state in which the school is located) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* If you are supporting more than one (1) school, please include the ID numbers for both schools (or the names, cities and states of your schools.
To earn points:
• Use your registered STOP & SHOP CARD each time you shop at Stop & Shop, and you will earn CASH for our school. You can track the number of points you are earning for our school by checking your grocery receipt.
• At the end of each month, your points are calculated and converted to CASH rewards for our school. These CASH rewards are updated monthly on the Stop & Shop A+ website beginning in November.
• After the last day of the 2017 program, which is March 17, these same conversions are performed and the final school account total is posted.
• Our school will receive one CASH awards check at the end of the program and can use this cash for any of our educational needs.
Also, please encourage your family members and friends to support our school. This could result in more CASH REWARDS!
Thank you for supporting our school.